Subject: [boost] [locale] Review: Build
From: Gevorg Voskanyan (v_gevorg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-16 07:18:41

build/Jamfile.v2:

line 18: s/Feaures/Features

line 130: There should be a space between '!' and '<target-os>cygwin', otherwise
the whole condition will never evaluate to true

line 132: s/need/needs/ . Also it can be equivalently replaced with just: EXIT
"error: Boost.Locale needs either iconv or ICU library to be built." ;

line 200: doesn't posix backend work for BSDs other than darwin?

line 283: <link>shared:<define>BOOST_LOCALE_DYN_LINK=1 should be present in
usage requirements too. The same applies to <threading>multi as well.

lines 275, 282: what's the reason for commenting build_options and having
<conditional>@configure instead?

line 288: Being a vim user myself I appreciate this, but in general tabs are not
allowed in code per Boost's development policy. Users of other editors would not
be happy with tabs here :)

General remarks:

As a Boost.Build user I would see it very beneficial when using Boost.Locale to
be able to have ICU build from source with BB just like the other 3rd party
libraries commonly are. For it to work Boost.Locale Jamfile can check if a
project /icu is available, and if so use /icu//icu as source and skip ICU
configuration checking together with options for linking to prebuilt ICU.
I can prepare and propose a patch for this if that scheme is OK with you.

Examples and performance benchmarks should have Jamfiles too.

Gevorg