Subject: Re: [boost] [local] Review request
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-06 15:12:15

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 8:51 PM, Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. <
jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Ronald Garcia <rxg_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> > Hello Lorenzo,
>> >
>> > Given Gregory's recent entry into the Boost community and process, I
>> am not comfortable having him as manager for you library review.
>> Nonetheless, thanks a lot Gregory for volunteering. I expect that you will
>> provide an informed and high-quality review for this library when the time
>> comes.
>>
>> OK Ron, I think both Greg and I understand your point. Many thanks
>> again to Greg for his offer :)
>>
>> Anyone else that feels like volunteering to be the Review Manager for
>> Boost.Local?
>>

> After some prodding from Mr. Stewart, I could volunteer to be Review
> Manager for proposed Boost.Local, if the Review Wizards deem it
> appropriate. Greg, if you would like to aid in managing the review, I'd be
> all for it if the Review Wizards allow it.
>
> If things go well, I would take the initiative to manage the reviews of
> several other libraries in the queue in the future.
>
> I'll wait to hear from the Review Wizards, and if their response is
> positive, then Lorenzo, I, and (possibly) Greg can work out a schedule.
> Lorenzo, I'd like to go through the library a bit more in-depth (and yours
> isn't the only one!), submit change suggestions, and give you time to
> respond appropriately before the official review happens.

[I realize my last sentence above may have indicated that I was going to
follow up with (more) pre-review comments before expecting any further

At the risk of embarassing myself for missing this, I don't recall getting a
response concerning my volunteering to be Review Manager from the Review
Wizards, so :: ping ::. Assuming I get an "okay" from the RWs, would the
next step be for us (= me, Lorenzo, and Greg) to submit a request to reserve
a couple of weeks within the review calendar?

Thanks,

- Jeff