Subject: Re: [boost] [doxygen] CSS/Temple files for Doxygen
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-09 07:15:20

On 9 July 2011 09:02, Daniel Pfeifer <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The common base is DocBook. Therefore, Boosty documentation may be generated
> from any markup language that can somehow be transformed into DocBook. This
> includes AsciiDoc, BoostBook, markdown, reStructuredText, textile, HTML,
> LaTeX, Quickbook, and maybe more. Doxygen is not (fully*) supported,
> unfortunately.

The weak point in our documentation toolchain is using docbook on
windows. That's where we have most issues. So I don't think it'd be a
good idea to use it when using a tool that can already generate html
and pdf.

> Instead of hacking the Doxygen CSS files, you might also hack some XSL files
> that allow Doxygen XML output to be transformed into DocBook. This would be
> a huge benefit for other projects too.

The doxygen xml to quickbook converter used for the geometry
documentation is pretty much doing that (via. quickbook). Adapting it
to generate docbook directly might be an easier solution than using
XSL.