Subject: Re: [boost] [doxygen] CSS/Temple files for Doxygen
From: Daniel Pfeifer (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-09 04:02:38

 Am Freitag, den 08.07.2011, 13:18 +0200 schrieb Rene Rivera
 <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>:
> On 7/8/2011 10:29 AM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>>> [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Artyom
>> Beilis
>>> I mean I want to Boostify this:
>>>
>>> http://cppcms.sourceforge.net/boost_locale/html/index.html
>>>
>>> So it seems to me that I'll need to hack Doxygen styles a little to
>>> make them more "Boosty"
>>
>> I know you don't want to hear this, but IMO re-factoring your (very
>> nice) docs into Quickbook is the only way to get it more Boosty (but
>> with the Doxygen reference section - and an index).
>
> I highly recommend moving to the regular Boost documentation
> toolchain. Not only do you get the look & feel. But you also get the
> benefit of inclusion with the rest of the libraries that produce
> BoostBook documentation. Hence increasing the exposure of your
> library
> to users. When the SF file download stats come back, you might want
> look at the count for the PDF docs to give you and idea of the added
> exposure.

 Actually neither Quickbook nor BoostBook is strictly required for a
 consistent look and feel of the generated HTML and PDF files.

 The common base is DocBook. Therefore, Boosty documentation may be
 generated from any markup language that can somehow be transformed into
 DocBook. This includes AsciiDoc, BoostBook, markdown, reStructuredText,
 textile, HTML, LaTeX, Quickbook, and maybe more. Doxygen is not (fully*)
 supported, unfortunately.

 Instead of hacking the Doxygen CSS files, you might also hack some XSL
 files that allow Doxygen XML output to be transformed into DocBook. This
 would be a huge benefit for other projects too.

 cheers, Daniel

 * There is an XSL stylesheet in BoostBook that transforms the reference
 part of Doxygen XML output to BoostBook, it strips the tutorial etc.