Subject: Re: [boost] How to use BCP
From: Guilherme Kunigami (kunigami.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-13 19:14:07

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:17 PM, William Voorhees
<voorhees_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'm updating a small C program to take in a options from either
> environment variables, or a config file and having long heard of boost
> as a great resource decided to give the program_options module a try.
> Since the utility is small and I don't have any current plans for
> other boost functionality it doesn't make sense to include the full
> BOOST library, so I tried to use bcp to get only the files I'm
> interested in. I was able to get a subset of boost code that I should
> be able to use with bcp, however I don't know how to compile the
> program_options library for linking in my code.

I have a similar problem. I want to pack boost together with an application,
but want to save space. I've used bcp to get only the necessary headers, but
I'm having trouble generating the libraries.

First, I issued the following bcp command to copy the required libraries to
/boost_minimal/boost

find /path/to/my/app | xargs {} bcp --scan {} /boost_minimal

As Voorhees said, no building script is copied. In my case, I manually
copied all files at the root of the original directory and the tools
directory. Then I ran

./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/some/dir
./bjam
./bjam install

It generated headers in /some/dir/include, but no libraries in
/some/dir/lib, which would happen if I did this on the original boost dir. I
guess I'm missing some step when copying the build files to boost_minimal.

I also don't know how to do that with rypplite tool (because I don't know
beforehand which libraries to get).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!