Subject: Re: [boost] How to use BCP
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-14 08:01:33

> First, I issued the following bcp command to copy the required libraries
> /boost_minimal/boost
>
> find /path/to/my/app | xargs {} bcp --scan {} /boost_minimal
>
> As Voorhees said, no building script is copied.

By default bcp copies source files, but not Boost.Build, you can get
Boost.Build as well with a:

bcp build /boost_minimal

Unfortunately, someone has added a new vital build file (boostcpp) to root
which doesn't get copied.... I'll fix that in bcp.

>In my case, I manually
> copied all files at the root of the original directory and the tools
> directory. Then I ran
>
> ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/some/dir
> ./bjam
> ./bjam install
>
> It generated headers in /some/dir/include, but no libraries in
> /some/dir/lib, which would happen if I did this on the original boost dir.
> guess I'm missing some step when copying the build files to boost_minimal.

Not necessarily: is there actually anything for it to build? Remember a lot
of Boost is header only - which libraries are you missing?

HTH, John.