Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in portable integer overflow detection, with policy based handling?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-21 04:36:54

Le 21/02/12 07:04, Ben Robinson a écrit :
> The implementation is complete, with 5 policies created (and users can
> always create and use more). The policies are:
> ignore_overflow
> throw_overflow
> assert_overflow
> saturate_overflow
> nan_overflow
> The implementation is fully portable, and it provides integer types which
> can be used like the builtin integers, except they will trigger their
> policy on an overflow.
> Also, this library will integrate seamlessly with the Boost Constrained
> Value Library (contributed by Robert Kawulak).
> Does this pique anyone's interest?

Yes I think this is interesting by itself.
Adding a range is a thing that you could consider, as proposed to the
standard recently "C++ Binary Fixed-Point Arithmetic" (see
Note that this proposal has a wider scope.

I've on my ToDo list the implementation of the fractional part, which I
will constraint to range and resolutions that can be represented using a
built-in integer type.

Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at