Subject: Re: [boost] [config] std::unique_ptr, std::ref detection?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-01 13:29:56

On Mar 1, 2012, at 9:53 AM, John Maddock wrote:

>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_FUNCTIONAL - std lib doesn't have a complete implementation
>> of <functional>, MSVC and gcc/libstdc++ seem to have added all the new
>> features here on mass, so this seems reasonable.
>> BOOST_NO_0X_SMART_PTR - no shared_ptr and unique_ptr.
>> BOOST_NO_0X_ATOMIC_SMART_PTR - no atomic operations on smart pointers.
>> BOOST_NO_0X_ALLOCATOR - no C++0x allocator support (allocator_traits etc).
>
>> 0x? Shouldn't it be 11 by now?
>
> Um, yes, it's just that we have all these 0X macros already and I'd like to be consistent with existing practice, and don't much fancy changing all the existing ones…

Searching for "BOOST_NO_0X" finds about 500 matches in 87 files, almost all in boost/config and libs/config (in fact, most are in libs/config/test).

If people think this is a good idea, and no one else wants to do it, I can do it this weekend.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki