Subject: Re: [boost] [config] std::unique_ptr, std::ref detection?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-02 01:49:18

Le 01/03/12 19:29, Marshall Clow a écrit :
> On Mar 1, 2012, at 9:53 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>
>>> BOOST_NO_0X_HDR_FUNCTIONAL - std lib doesn't have a complete implementation
>>> of<functional>, MSVC and gcc/libstdc++ seem to have added all the new
>>> features here on mass, so this seems reasonable.
>>> BOOST_NO_0X_SMART_PTR - no shared_ptr and unique_ptr.
>>> BOOST_NO_0X_ATOMIC_SMART_PTR - no atomic operations on smart pointers.
>>> BOOST_NO_0X_ALLOCATOR - no C++0x allocator support (allocator_traits etc).
>>> 0x? Shouldn't it be 11 by now?
>> Um, yes, it's just that we have all these 0X macros already and I'd like to be consistent with existing practice, and don't much fancy changing all the existing ones…
> Searching for "BOOST_NO_0X" finds about 500 matches in 87 files, almost all in boost/config and libs/config (in fact, most are in libs/config/test).
>
> If people think this is a good idea, and no one else wants to do it, I can do it this weekend.

Hi,

don't forget to maintain the BOOST_NO_0X for users backward
compatibility and change the doc to state that these macros are
deprecated and that will be removed e.g. 4 versions later.

A macro to don't provide them as BOOST_CONFIG_DONT_PROVIDE_0X_MACROS
will be useful also, to ensure we don't use them during the deprecated
period.

Best,
Vicente