Subject: Re: [boost] [decimal] Proposed portable implementation of std::decimal
From: Josh Quigley (0zeroth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-27 05:02:18

As previously mentioned, the plan is to wire up existing (C interface)
packages to a C++ std::decimal, raising licensing issues around the
3rd party code.

I don't believe there is an issue, the licences are very short and
read like plain English to me. Also, gcc includes both of these in
it's implementation, and distributes under an open licence.

I've copy-pasted below the relevant bits out of the EULAs. If anyone
thinks there might be an issue, please let me know.

INTEL EULA

Copyright (c) 2011, Intel Corp.

All rights reserved.

modification,
are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

   * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
     list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
   * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
     his list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
     and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
   * Neither the name of Intel Corporation nor the names of its contributors
     may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
     without specific prior written permission.

IBM Licence

Copyright (c) 1995-2012 International Business Machines Corporation and others

All rights reserved.

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
"Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
distribute, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons
to whom the Software is furnished to do so, provided that the above
copyright notice(s) and this permission notice appear in all copies of
the Software and that both the above copyright notice(s) and this
permission notice appear in supporting documentation.