Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] Release candidates available for testing
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-25 20:01:18

Good builds on Windows 7 - 32 Bit
VC8 - 32 & 64
VC9 - 32 & 64
VC10- 32 & 64

Libraries were (briefly) tested on and link/execute on 32 & 64 bit projects.

On the other hand, my resulting binaries were two times larger than even
the 1.50 beta build. 32-bit binaries went from 4.5GB to 9GB, 64-bit
binaries went from 6GB to 12GB.

Previously (for the 1.50 beta) the build only copied the libraries such as
"libboost_libraryname-vcXX-opts-1_50.lib" to the stage directory, now it
copies that plus the (identical) copy without the "1_50" in the name,
doubling the size. Is this some build option that had its default changed?

Tom