Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] Release candidates available for testing
From: Jurko Gospodnetić (jurko.gospodnetic_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-26 06:19:22

   Hi.

> Good builds on Windows 7 - 32 Bit
> VC8 - 32 & 64
> VC9 - 32 & 64
> VC10- 32 & 64
>
> Libraries were (briefly) tested on and link/execute on 32 & 64 bit projects.
>
> On the other hand, my resulting binaries were two times larger than even
> the 1.50 beta build. 32-bit binaries went from 4.5GB to 9GB, 64-bit
> binaries went from 6GB to 12GB.
>
> Previously (for the 1.50 beta) the build only copied the libraries such as
> "libboost_libraryname-vcXX-opts-1_50.lib" to the stage directory, now it
> copies that plus the (identical) copy without the "1_50" in the name,
> doubling the size. Is this some build option that had its default changed?

   Yes, there was a fix related to this in boostcpp.jam (revision.

   I think that was the intended behaviour all along (to have both
versioned and unversioned library variants built when the
--layout=versioned is requested) but there were some typos in code that
were silently causing the unversioned variants not to be built as expected.

Ticket:
Commits:
          https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78937
          https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/78938

   If this is something that should no be done - it is easy to disable
again, but I guess thats for the release manager to say - what he wants
the Boost library build to do.

   Hope this helps.

   Best regards,
     Jurko Gospodnetić