Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] array
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-15 19:32:32

On 07/15/12 17:41, Brian Smith wrote:
> On 7/15/12, Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 07/15/12 13:49, Brian Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> The existing Boost.Array is one dimensional.
>>>
>> But if the template arg to Boost.Array, is another Boost.Array, then you
>> can have any dimension, as shown in the attached.
>
> The problem with using Boost.Array to define arbitrary dimension
> arrays is the notation. The attachment looks like a hybrid version of
> the files I previously put into the maps folder in the sandbox with
> your old version of array_recur, where that version did use
> Boost.Array IIRC.
Yep. The following reply:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/220831

to another post of yours on the subject
contained an earlier version of array_recur.cpp.

>> (The trace_scope.hpp (which defines indent_scoped_ostreambuf), is
>> on my local disk. I can put it in sandbox if you're interested in
>> using it).
>>
> Go ahead and I'll have a look.

It just so happens that it's already in sandbox:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/variadic_templates/boost/utility/trace_scope.hpp

AFAICT, all the other needed files are in the variadic_templates
directory also. However, I wouldn't download all the variadic_templates
because it contains a variadic version of mpl, which might not work
with what you've got.

HTH.

-regards,
Larry