Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] Who is in charge?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-19 05:06:26

Joël
> Lamotte
> Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:39 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] Who is in charge?
>
> I think having more than one people in the maintenance of a project is good.
> However, I agree that allowing all patches or most patches is really not a good idea.
>
> How do you even make sure the new maintainer, that takes the liberty because no other one wants
to, do
> really understand the library?

Well it is *his/their* responsibility to consult and to check up on test run results and user
feedback.

And I feel that having someone to blame is always nice ;-)

At present is it nobody's job (or everyone's job?) and the result is not really good enough.

So if someone (or two) is willing to take on the task, and we have reasonable confidence in them, we
should 'appoint' them (and 'sack' them if it goes badly). At least we can revert to some previous
known-ok-ish state.

My 2 pence.

Paul

---