Subject: Re: [boost] What Should we do About Boost.Test?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-10-04 13:24:34

on Tue Sep 18 2012, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

>> No I mean that if I break on a test case and then hit "step into" in the
>> debugger I have to step through your code before I get to mine, so for
>> example if I break on a BOOST_CHECK_CLOSE_FRACTION and then step, I hit:
>>
> [...]
>> Return and step - and finally hit my code!
>
> 1. Setup a break point in your code
> 2. Visual studio have a solution for avoiding stepping into the code you do not
> want to (I should probably include it (file) in docs)
> 3. There is a valid reason for these extra code. It collects some context info
> (no overhead) and makes sure the code under tests executed only once (thus this
> fwrd call)

I haven't looked at the code, but I wonder if Gennadiy could improve the
situation by putting the debug break in the dtor of a return value, so
you gather up all this information in the nested function calls, and
then only drop into the debugger where the test macro is invoked?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing                  Software Development        Training