Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] Proposal: a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-18 09:02:51

On Dec 18, 2012, at 1:32 AM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>> Fixing #5603, #6110 would be a good start-up:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5603
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6110
>
> Fixed in trunk (r81890 and r82071, respectively).
>
> Given that these fixes were trivial, is it appropriate to put them
> into the 1.53 release?

The current status of the release branch is "1.53.0 Closed, except for bug fixes and doc changes".
<http://www.boost.org/development/index.html>
This will be the case until 12/31.

So, merging bug fixes to the release branch is not only allowed, but encouraged.

However, if I were you, I would wait until some of the test bots cycled, to make sure that nothing is broken - then merge to release.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki