Subject: Re: [boost] [Range] Proposal: a sub-maintainer of Boost.Range
From: Nathan Ridge (zeratul976_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-12-19 04:17:43

> However, if I were you, I would wait until some of the test bots cycled, to make sure that nothing is broken - then merge to release.

I assume I'm supposed to be looking here [1] and here [2]. I have a
few questions about what I'm seeing:

1. At [1], I see a number of yellow "fail" boxes. The legend describes
   this as "failure on a newly added test/compiler". Should I be worried
   about these?

2. At [2], I see that Boost.Range has "issues": the 'type_erased' test
   is failing (in yellow colour) on a number of testers. Looking back
   at [1], I see those yellow boxes under 'type_erased' and the
   corresponding testers, but I also see yellow boxes under other tests,
   which do not show up as issues in [2]. What makes 'type_erased'
   special that its failure causes an "issue", but not the failure of
   other tests?

3. Is there a way to look at older test results, so that I can compare
   test results from before my commit to test results from after my
   commit, so that I can see whether my commit specifically broke
   anything?

Thanks!
Nate

[1] http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/range.html