Subject: Re: [boost] [smart_ptr] error with nullptr_t
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-01-01 13:36:17

On 19 December 2012 04:47, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I just got bit by this. For the record, I don't think it's
> Boost.Config's business to be defining std::move, std::forward, etc.
> Another possible alternative would be to do this:
>
> namespace boost
> {
> typedef decltype(nullptr) nullptr_t;
> }
>
> someplace, maybe in a new Boost.Utility header. Then use
> boost::nullptr_t instead of std::nullptr_t.

There's already boost/cstdlib.hpp which is part of utility (although
it links to a documentation page that doesn't exist) and
boost/cstdint.hpp which is part of the integer library. Messy. I guess
adding boost/cstddef.hpp wouldn't be acceptable nowadays, maybe
boost/utility/cstddef.hpp?

> Regardless, (speaking as a release manager) I'd like to see this
> addressed one way or the other since it's a breaking change.

What's the way forward? A config/utility ticket? Does anyone want to
take responsibility?