Subject: Re: [boost] [persistent] Library preview: Persistent
From: Rich E (reakinator_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-03 19:05:04

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Stefan Strasser <strasser_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I'm still interested in seeing what you've developed and in your ideas, as
> we've discussed off-list.
> but considering the lack of replies and that a boost library submission
> requires a review manager, several reviewers, and more people interested, I
> came to the conclusion that it will probably not end up a boost library
> even if we'll finish it.
> if anyone disagrees please share your first impression of the
> documentation available at https://svn.boost.org/svn/**
> boost/sandbox/persistent/libs/**persistent/doc/html/index.html<https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/persistent/libs/persistent/doc/html/index.html>

I am also very much interested in a persentence library, and although I am
a boost user rather than developer, I will try to follow along the best I
can if development continues towards this library.

I have seen from a response in 2010 that undo/redo is considered to be
outside the scope of this libary, but it can be facilitated with
transactions and changesets. I think an example of this in the
documentation, along with a simple undo/redo scheme, would help to clarify
(for me, anyway) how this library could be used to accomplish such a
necessary and often complex task.

Best,
Rich