Subject: [boost] [log] Release candidate 1
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-10 11:28:28

Hi,

I've finished the docs update and released the RC1 of Boost.Log v2. The code
can be downloaded here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost-log/files/boost-log-2.0-RC1-r847.zip/download

The code can also be checked out from SVN:

svn co https://boost-log.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/boost-log/trunk/boost-log

The updated docs are available online:

http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/libs/log/doc/html/index.html

Aside from the docs updates there were a few changes I made as a part of the
reviewing process (some were pointed out by users):

- The add_attr manipulator was renamed to add_value. The new name better
follows the terminology of the library.
- The attribute value visitation API no longer forwards the result of the
visitor. This feature is rarely needed but it slows down compilation
significantly. To acquire the result one can use the new save_result function
object wrapper.
- Formatter and sink factories for settings parsers are now classes rather
than simple function objects. This follows the pattern set by filter
factories, which were classes before.
- Fixed a few bugs and compilation problems.

Sadly, there was almost no discussion of the library in this list. I received
a few private emails on the library, mostly concerning some problems here and
there and porting issues from v1. While valuable, this feedback can hardly
replace a good review of the Boost community. I encourage everyone interested
to take a look at the library, however deep you like, and provide your
feedback.

I don't plan to make any significant changes to the code, except maybe some
include optimization and fixing the problems. If everything's fine, I'm going
to post a request for permission to merge to trunk in a week or two.