Subject: Re: [boost] Live read-only GIT mirrors of Boost trunk SVN
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-04 09:14:13

On 05/04/2013 03:30 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> on Thu Apr 25 2013, Niall Douglas <ndouglas-AT-blackberry.com> wrote:
>

>> My next task is to live mirror a github repo into Boost Sandbox. Currently
>> SubGit segfaults on this due to the complex SVN properties auto-translation
>> which requires a specially marked up .gitattributes, but the author is very
>> keen to fix the problem. In theory then it ought to just work.
>>
>> Any mistakes in my Boost mirror, or any problems, or even thoughts are
>> gratefully received.
> Don't put too much effort into this; Boost SVN->Git modularization is
> just about ready for review :-)

Dave,

it would be great if the sandbox could be converted quickly, so GSoC
students can use it ? It would be great if they didn't need to learn a
thousand tools before being able to focus on the project itself, and so
having a well-defined and -documented process to set things up and get
started would be very helpful.

(For the time being I guess we could just use the boost sandbox repo via
svn as in the past, yes ?)

Thanks,
        Stefan