Subject: Re: [boost] Live read-only GIT mirrors of Boost trunk SVN
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-04 13:25:05

on Sat May 04 2013, Stefan Seefeld <stefan-AT-seefeld.name> wrote:

> On 05/04/2013 03:30 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> on Thu Apr 25 2013, Niall Douglas <ndouglas-AT-blackberry.com> wrote:
>>

>>> My next task is to live mirror a github repo into Boost Sandbox. Currently
>>> SubGit segfaults on this due to the complex SVN properties auto-translation
>>> which requires a specially marked up .gitattributes, but the author is very
>>> keen to fix the problem. In theory then it ought to just work.
>>>
>>> Any mistakes in my Boost mirror, or any problems, or even thoughts are
>>> gratefully received.
>> Don't put too much effort into this; Boost SVN->Git modularization is
>> just about ready for review :-)
>
> Dave,
>
> it would be great if the sandbox could be converted quickly, so GSoC
> students can use it ?

We don't expect anyone to commit to https://github.com/boostorg/sandbox
once the transition is complete. In fact, it would be good to stop now.
Instead, people should use individual Git repositories.

> It would be great if they didn't need to learn a thousand tools before
> being able to focus on the project itself, and so having a
> well-defined and -documented process to set things up and get started
> would be very helpful.

I don't know what you mean here, sorry.

> (For the time being I guess we could just use the boost sandbox repo via
> svn as in the past, yes ?)

I suggest you tell everyone to get him/herself set up at GitHub, and
then you create one page with links to everyone's repositories.

--
Dave Abrahams