Subject: Re: [boost] boost-1.54 needs a bugfix!
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-02 04:11:31

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Oliver Kowalke <oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> 2013/7/2 Ben Pope <benpope81_at_[hidden]>
>
> > On 02/07/13 15:31, Oliver Kowalke wrote:
> >
> >> unfortunately boost-1.54 needs a bugfix - because my request to merge
> >> boost.coroutine into release a required bugfix was not applied :(
> >>
> >> I'm wondering because the regression-tests are passed?!
> >>
> >> what to do? should I modify the fix in boost-release and archives of
> >> boost-1.54 are rebuild?
> >>

> > It might be useful to supply the diff and changelist here.
> >

> Why?
> building boost from boost-root fails with:
> 'error: No best alternative for libs/coroutine/build/allocator_sources'

I believe, if you have a fix, displaying it here would allow the release
management team to evaluate the impact of applying it at such a late stage.

Also, if you have a non-intrusive hotfix (like, some particular b2 options
to make it build), this might be a viable solution for 1.54 as well. I
think, the configuration conflict can be worked around if you specify some
of the conflicting properties manually. This may well be the reason why
this hasn't come up in test results.