Subject: Re: [boost] boost-1.54 needs a bugfix!
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-07-02 04:19:10

> unfortunately boost-1.54 needs a bugfix - because my request to merge
> boost.coroutine into release a required bugfix was not applied :(
>
> I'm wondering because the regression-tests are passed?!
>
> what to do? should I modify the fix in boost-release and archives of
> boost-1.54 are rebuild?

Unless it's a showstopper, I'd say let 1.54 ship as is. And this is from
someone who also failed to get a last minute patch applied (blame my gall
bladder for knocking me over at the wrong moment!).

Where are we with the move to git?

Assuming the move to git is to take place before the next release, and
assuming that's going to be a longer than normal schedule I'd suggest that
we either:

* Slip out 1.55 on a shorter than usual cycle (no new libraries?) to be
completed before the move to git begins, or...
* Put out a 1.54.1 with bug fixes only on a short 2-3 week cycle, again
before the move to git.

On the other hand if we're moving to git... like *tomorrow*... then we'd
better get on with it ;-)

John.