Subject: Re: [boost] [build] bootstrap.sh is still broken
From: niXman (i.nixman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-21 20:07:21

Niall Douglas писал 2013-10-22 03:47:
> On 21 Oct 2013 at 21:46, Vladimir Prus wrote:
>
>> Well, I do have a Windows box, but last time I checked, there was a
>> dozen of flavours
>> of MinGW. Stephan, can you point at whatever packages needs to be
>> downloaded to
>> try?
>
> Be aware that I found any Mingw after the one based on GCC 4.6.4 is
> broken with Boost in various unhelpful ways (e.g. generating
> assembler ops its assembler won't accept). In fact, of course, Mingw
> with GCC 4.6 was also broken (e.g. <atomic> does not implement
> actually atomic operations), but it had been around long enough
> people had patched for it.
>
> Mingw-w64 is absolutely fine though, and I very strongly recommend
> its use over traditional Mingw. Mingw-w64 was so trouble free that it
> just worked for me first time, which was quite a novel experience.
>
> Niall

MinGW-W64 based on the GCC-4.8.2(i686/x86_64, SEH/DWARF/SJLJ):
https://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mailman/message/31539678/

P.S.
I am sorry for offtopic, but can anybody tell me please, will
boost.coroutine support MinGW in boost-1.55? On the bugtracker I saw the
patch, will it be applied?
Thanks.

--
Regards, niXman
Dual-target(32 & 64-bit) MinGW compilers for 32 and 64-bit Windows: