Subject: Re: [boost] Git: maintaining super-project
From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 08:06:25

As said on irc I believe there are 3 main solutions to this problem:

   1. every library maintainer also has write access to the super repo and
   updates the super repo submodule references themselves.
   2. someone is responsible for updating the super repo (think linus for
   the linux kernel), and makes a bit of review before updating the submodule
   ref that changes
   3. automatic submodule update for the master/develop branches whenever
   something was pushed to master or develop in the submodule

Philippe