Subject: [boost] Git: maintaining super-project
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 01:00:29

I am not sure how maintenance of subproject references in the super-project will work.

- For 'master' branch, I assume that as developers update 'master' branch in their libraries,
   they would submit pull requests, so that the super-project points at new commits. That shall
   work, except that pull requests like this are hard to examine. E.g:

        https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/4

   If I did not specify direct links to commits, I don't know how anybody would decide whether
   new revision is OK or not.

- For 'develop' branch, I certainly don't think that for every change to 'develop' branch of
   any library, there will be a pull request on superproject? Doing so would create a lot of
   administrative overhead, and not doing that means that checking out 'develop' branch of
   the superproject does not necessary pull heads of 'develop' branches of each library.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Volodya

--