Subject: Re: [boost] Possible issue with Boost.Atomic (and consequentlyBoost.Thread)
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 12:16:27

On Wednesday 04 December 2013 17:41:58 Peter Dimov wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > Could you assign the ticket to Boost.Atomic and me? I'll try to take a
> > look at the weekend.
>
> OK, done. I'm not 100% sure that this is the cause of the problem in the
> ticket though. It will need to be verified once you have a substitute
> lockpool.

Well, the fact that the lock pool is initialized dynamically is obvious, so
it's worth fixing anyway. This is more so considering that atomic<> can be
used by call_once. But I didn't inspect shared_ptr code to figure out how it
is connected to call_once, as the ticket seems to imply.

If you want to test shared_ptr (especially, if you have access to AIX) when
the lock pool is fixed I could return the ticket to you instead of closing it.