Subject: Re: [boost] Git permissions model
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-04 12:30:53

> I have a couple of questions about the permission models that we use for
> git.
>
> - To give somebody push access to the 'build' repository, I need to file
> an
> admin issue. Why can't I control access to the repository I maintain?
> In fact, why I can't even edit repository description?

>+1 I believe library authors/maintainers should have admin access to their
>own repositories, and thus have direct control over the permissions granted
>to collaborators.

+1.

Beman, if this is likely to be fixed/changed soon I'll hold off filing any
more admin requests, and add additional folks to the Math and Multiprecision
libs myself, otherwise it's back to filing admin requests I guess.

Thanks, and my apologies for the small blizzard of requests you guys are
getting, you're doing, and have done, great work with the conversion!

John.