Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Update submodules in boost.git
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-05 09:32:44

On 5 December 2013 14:17, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 12/5/2013 8:35 AM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

>>> Yes. X/develop can't depend on Y/develop, only on Y/master.
>> ----------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> IMHO, that should be displayed in the guidelines in bold.
>

> If library X depends on library Y and needs some feature/fix of library Y in
> order to correctly implement some feature/fix of library X it seems to me
> that library X/develop can rely on library Y/develop, at least for
> individual testing of library X.

...library Y receives a bug fix and issues a hotfix release merged
back to master upon release.

...library Y receives a feature and merges it into develop,
then...good question,
since Y and X are no longer 'stitched' together they were in SVN trunk.

I remember, there was a discussion about testing library (was it
serialisation or filesystem?)
which had been performed against SVN release branch, not SVN trunk
what makes little sense.

Best regards,

--
Mateusz  Łoskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net