Subject: Re: [boost] A proposal for superproject structure and testing
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-09 08:50:05

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Am I correct that all develop branches will be tested together, not
> library X/develop + everything else/master? I'm ok with that, just wanted
> to make sure.

That's how I see it, yes. This has the advantage of not requiring any
changes to the test script, apart from teaching it to use git instead of
svn.

> Looks ok to me. In case if there is a hotfix from some library, is it
> possible to create a pull request for a particular commit to the library
> master? Or should it be addressed in this list?

Both seem fine to me, so it would be up to the release managers to state a
preference for one or the other.

We'll also need a procedure for the case in which a submodule maintainer is
unresponsive or missing. The submodule organization differs from the old SVN
world in that the superproject can only refer to a sumbodule commit, so the
superproject release branch can't, for example, revert a problematic commit
from a submodule.

In this case, a release manager would have to create a release branch in the
submodule as well, fix things there, and then point boostorg:master to that
branch.