Subject: [boost] Getting Started with Modular Boost Library Maintenance
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-10 11:41:08

I've been pecking away at "Getting Started with Modular Boost Library
Maintenance".

See https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModMaint

I'd appreciate comments and corrections.

One of the questions that came up was how to number releases for individual
libraries.

Say Boost.System wants to do a release before the next full Boost release
ships. What do I call it? How do I document it? How do I tag it?

Strawman proposal

* Call it "Boost.System 1.55.1 Point Release".

* Document it via the "readme" file that GitHub pesters you to add.
Contents would give the title of the release and the release notes.

* Create a gh-pages branch with the same release notice.

* Tag it 1.55.1

Comments?

--Beman