Subject: Re: [boost] Splitting/rearranging Boost.Utility
From: Alexander Lamaison (awl03_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-11 13:45:20

"Peter Dimov" <lists_at_[hidden]> writes:

> John Maddock wrote:
>> Well no I don't want to maintain it.... but logically a few of those
>> headers could be moved into config and their authors could become
>> part of the Config "team". Plus Boost.Config has mostly maintained
>> itself recently, I'm hoping that all the folks who have helped with
>> that will join the Config team and
> continue the good work ;-) Or else the much talked about "community"
> team can have access to Config etc.
>
> Well...
>
> I know that teamwork is regarded as a Good Thing but I have my doubts
> about letting a "community" team maintain a core library (the corest
> of the core, in this case). I'd rather have you as the sole maintainer
> of Config. Even if - with GitHub - the only thing you do is press a
> button.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, community maintenance is
the whole point of open-source software. Many eyes, shallow bugs?

It's not the same thing as giving the whole world commit rights.

Or do we really think only one person can work on code at a time?

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)