Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-13 08:07:04

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
>> From: Boost [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Mateusz Loskot
<snip>
>> FYI, I have asked about use of README some time ago, w/o replies yet
>> http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/12/209229.php
> Should it contain little more than a link to www.boost.org?
>
> Then we won't need to change much?
>
> If we don't have the release number, someone won't have to remember to change it ;-)

In the case of Boost.Math it could contain:
http://boost.org/libs/math
If more specific location was used, I suppose link similar to the
following could be used:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/release/libs/math/doc/html/special.html

> Paul
>
> PS I think the logos are a bit too fancy - I'm not sure that we really need a different one for each library?

There are already logos for some libraries:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/LibrariesLogos. Hence my proposal
to use more consistent style in the case when someone would like to use it.

Personally I like to see some memorable graphics in docs. But I'm far
from forcing the authors to use some specific ones or any at all. Some
basic, text-based README should be sufficient.

Regards,
Adam