Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-14 07:37:10

Hi,

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On 13.12.2013 22:13, Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
>> 2013/12/13 Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]>
>>>
>>> thanks for trying to improve the artwork. That said, while I am not
>>> particularly proud of the logo at
>>>
>>> http://www.boost.org/doc/display_build.php/boost-build/
>>> boost-build/
>>>
>>> I would say I still prefer it to the use of bricks metaphor, as you
>>> have
>>> in build logo.
>>>

>> Sure, but do you like the idea of using the Boost main logo as a base?
>> Would you like to figure something different out or just to use your
>> version of the logo?
>
> I suspect that using Boost logo as a base for components will end up in
> too busy artwork in many cases. It might be better to just reuse font and
> colors.

It's all matter of figuring out the abstraction. Then this abstraction
can be connected with the Boost logo. If we can't figure it out we
probably won't have any logo at all. In those cases the original Boost
logo could be used.

>> Does the triangle on the right represent something?
>
> Yes, construction crane.

So in the case of Boost.Build the integration is simple and the idea is
extendable: https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos/blob/master/build.png.

Regards,
Adam