Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Submodule's readme and logo
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 07:29:27

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> [...]

You may just copy any of the SVG, open it in program handling vector
graphics like Inkscape or Adobe Ilustrator, remove the library-specific
part and you're free to go.

>> Since the final decision should be made by libraries authors/maintainers I'd like to hear what
> they think about it.
>
> Nice. Discrete. Clear Boost branding.
>
> How about a logo for the Boost.Math library? And Boost.Multiprecision?

Do you have some ideas/preferences?

For Math I'd put some symbols like:
- sum/big sigma
- integral, definite integral or contour integral
- differential operator or nabla
- +Bi - plus big beta and imaginary (quaterions, octonions)
- big gamma/gamma function or zeta funcion (special functions)
Or graphics:
- gaussian bell curve (statistics)
- other function/curve e.g. erf(z), some polynomial(s) (special functions)

For Multiprecision:
- a nice simple fraction a/b or x/y, one above the other

Regards,
Adam