Subject: Re: [boost] Getting Started Testing with Linux virtual machine on Windows host
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-17 09:24:38

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Cox, Michael <mhcox_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

> Hopefully this won't cause a Linux distribution flame war, but I run Fedora
> Linux in VirtualBox mainly because it tends to be one of the first
> distributions to release the latest g++/clang++ compilers.

I inserted most of your comment above into the introduction to let readers
know Fedora is another possibility.

> After
> installing the distribution, installing vbox additions on Fedora (and maybe
> other distributions) requires you:
>
> - Use the VirtualBox Manager app storage settings to
> "insert" VBoxGuestAdditions.iso into the CD/DVD-ROM drive
> - Use the Linux file manager to open the CD/DVD-ROM
> drive containing the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso and click "Run Software".

IIRC, that was the documented procedure and how I always did it, but then I
blundered into the approach given and found it a bit easier. Could you
please check and see if the "Devices" menu for your virtual machine running
Fedora also has "Insert Guest Additions CD Image..." entry?

> Recommend changing:
>

> sudo mv b2 /usr/bin

> sudo mv b2 /usr/local/bin

Done. Works as expected. Thanks.

Since I'm not very knowledgeable about Linux or other POSIX-like systems, I
tend to make really stupid mistakes. Anyone should raise a red flag if they
spot something that doesn't seem right.