Subject: [boost] Libraries logos (was: Re: [git] Submodule's readme and logo)
From: Adam Wulkiewicz (adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-19 07:21:03

Hi,

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> PS But are we getting ahead of ourselves here? Although it is a bit of
> a bikeshed issue, I think we should start a new thread to get general
> agreement on the principle of having a separate customised Boost logo
> for each library.

In case you didn't follow the thread about the readme. I thought it
would be good for the Boost brand if libraries logos were more
consistent (in style) than it's now
(https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/LibrariesLogos). Those new logos
should be:
- minimalistic and have clean, Boost-like style,
- clearly connected with Boost,
- created for a bigger number of libraries.

I've decided to use Boost logo as a base and to add a small, white
abstraction representing the library, in the lower-left hexagon. This
way, they're also consistent with the original Boost logo in the case if
someone wanted to use it instead. You can find logos here:
https://github.com/awulkiew/boost-logos. The example set is also
presented in the README (at the bottom of the page).

What do you think about this idea?

Regards,
Adam