Subject: [boost] sidenote about guis (Re: [git] How the blazes are you supposed to update all the submodules?)
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-20 09:16:40

(Please, adjust subject line for changed topic!)

On 20 December 2013 11:15, Klaim - Joël Lamotte <mjklaim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> These days I only use SourceTree for both git and hg. It's cross platform,

It's not cross platform, but Windows and Mac only
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/149631/sourcetree-for-linux?page=1#comment-158603

A note on my own experience:
0. First, I aim to be comfy with git command, if not, then I will
never understand git really.
1. Then, I use SourceTree where I can to complement git command
(branches visualisation, etc.)
2. I use Qt Creator with its Git plugin which is nothing more than git
command proxy,
hence equivalent to git command.
BTW, I'd like to do a bit of propaganda about Boost.Build support for
Qt Creator:
https://github.com/mloskot/qt-creator-plugin-boostbuild

Best regards,

--