Subject: Re: [boost] Reminder about links when running b2 headers
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-24 19:23:53

On 12/25/2013 12:55 AM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
> AMDG

>>> I assume that you mean that you plan to make it work this way. That
>>> would be great. When I first ran '.\b2 headers' under Windows 7 I had
>>> administrator rights but it still created hard links.
>>
>> He did not say it works that way now.
>
> It is what I meant. It worked for me
> the last time I tried it.

OK I guess you did not say what I read then :-)

I am not sure what you tested, but I am pretty sure Edward refer to
using symbolic links for individual files rather than hard links. Not
symbolic links for directories where that can be used. The latter work
as it should.

I have not tested but will be surprised if symbolic links for single
files works on Windows7, even as user with privileges to make symbolic
links. Likewise for any other system where b2 detect both types of
links are supported. Hard links are preferred for single files unless
that has been changed without me noticing.

--
Bjørn