Subject: Re: [boost] Reminder about links when running b2 headers
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-24 23:01:06

On 12/24/2013 07:23 PM, Bjørn Roald wrote:
> On 12/25/2013 12:55 AM, Steven Watanabe wrote:
>> AMDG

>>> He did not say it works that way now.
>>
>> It is what I meant. It worked for me
>> the last time I tried it.
>
> OK I guess you did not say what I read then :-)
>
> I am not sure what you tested, but I am pretty sure Edward refer to
> using symbolic links for individual files rather than hard links. Not
> symbolic links for directories where that can be used. The latter work
> as it should.

You are correct.

When I tried it under Windows7, even with administrative rights, the
symbolic links for directories were implemented but for individual files
I ended up with hard links. Subsequently after doing a 'git pull' and
'git submodule update' from the superproject I tried '.\b2 headers'
again with the same result. So unless it has been changed fairly
recently '.\b2 headers' doe not create symbolic links for individual files.