Subject: Re: [boost] The Community Maintenance Team proposal accepted
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-27 07:45:38

> From: Daryle Walker
> >> I wonder if the library can be added to the Boost group, but its initial
files
> >> are ONLY in the "develop" branch.
> >
> > What would be the point of doing this?
>
> To work on the library while moving to its repository spot. Since the code
isn't
> at
> "ship it" quality, we shouldn't have a copy in the "master" branch.
>
> Would it be better to wait until a "ship it" version of the library is ready?

I don't see any gain in doing this now, while I see extra work to do now and in
the future to merge the reviewed version with the post-review version. Moreover,
adding the code to the official Boost repository would mean that some people may
start depending on the interface and their code is broken when the library code
is updated. Note that if somebody wants to try the code out anyway than it's
been available all the time at the link provided.

Best regards,
Robert