Subject: [boost] Developing a (nearly new) library possibly to be proposed for Boost
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-09 13:05:29

I'm revisiting

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModDev

to try set up a new library.

I've started by trying to use the simple 'library' I created over a year ago using a previous
version of this document.

Is it intended that users should place their 'Boost-Wannabe' libraries in the modular-boost in
/libs/mylibrary as other real Boost libraries ? When I assumed this, I found it impossible to GIT
clone my existing 'simple' library into the /libs folder as it is not empty, so the 2nd line

  git clone <mailto:git_at_[hidden]:Beman/simple.git> git_at_[hidden]:Beman/simple.git

fails.

This feels the right place for

Or is recommended to use some folder like sandbox/libs/mylibrary/ for one's stuff, including of
course a

  sandbox/libs/mylibrary/include/boost/mylibrary/

to hold my .hpp files?

Either way I presume I need a link from modular-boost/boost to point to
sandbox/libs/mylibrary/include/

Should I provide a symbolic link /D or a hardlink (as b2 headers creates)?

C:\Windows\system32>mklink /D I:\modular-boost\boost\ mylibrary I:\sandbox\libs\ mylibrary
\include\boost\ mylibrary
symbolic link created for I:\modular-boost\boost\ mylibrary <<===>> I:\sandbox\libs\ mylibrary
\include\boost\ mylibrary

seems to work.

Or do I add this folder to the Include directory list? (Tiresome)

Suggestions?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,