Subject: Re: [boost] Developing a (nearly new) library possibly to be proposed for Boost
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-09 13:48:56

On 09/02/14 19:05, Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> I'm revisiting
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModDev
>
> to try set up a new library.
>
> I've started by trying to use the simple 'library' I created over a year ago using a previous
> version of this document.
>
> Is it intended that users should place their 'Boost-Wannabe' libraries in the modular-boost in
> /libs/mylibrary as other real Boost libraries ? When I assumed this, I found it impossible to GIT
> clone my existing 'simple' library into the /libs folder as it is not empty, so the 2nd line
>
> git clone <mailto:git_at_[hidden]:Beman/simple.git> git_at_[hidden]:Beman/simple.git

cd $BOOST_ROOT
cd libs
git clone git_at_[hidden]:Beman/simple.git simple

works fine for me, assuming there is no 'simple' directory that already
exists.

> Or do I add this folder to the Include directory list? (Tiresome)

A submodule is just a separate clone inside a tree, with the master tree
aware of its revision.

There is no problem putting a clone of any repository inside of
boost/libs, and if the layout follows that of Boost, it (b2 headers,
stage, install, etc) will just work.

At least the headers work fine for boost.simple