Subject: [boost] New cross-platforms toolsets
From: José Agustín Terol Sanchis (agus3985_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-22 06:11:16

Hi, I am trying to add a new toolset for cross-compile to several
platforms. So, I've added some ".jam" files (<mytoolset>_<platform>.jam) in
path "tools/build/v2/tools", and I can use them to compile and test Boost
libraries using bjam's parameter "toolset=<mytoolset>_<platform>". But I
have some doubts/questions:

1) Do I need to add a .py file? Why some toolsets have a .py file?
2) Are .jam files generated by executing a Python script that translates
all these .py files to .jam? That would be great since bjam's syntax is
complex.
3) Should I add a .jam file per platform? Or can I made a unique .jam file
for all platforms? If so, how do I change the resultant build-path in order
to avoid possible overwrittings (or make it shorter)?

I read most of the documentation of Boost's build system and Bjam that I
found on the webpage, but maybe I've missed something.

Thank you in advance,
Agus Terol