Subject: Re: [boost] [winrt support] Adding support for Windows 8 store/phone to Boost libraries
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-22 14:11:21

On 7/22/2014 1:41 PM, stgates wrote:
> I agree the changes need testing. I have one pending pull request on
> Boost.Test that helps with running tests.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/test/pull/9
>
> Next I'm working on one for Boost.Build to also help with execution of
> tests. This will enable running the automated Boost tests covering the
> Windows Runtime code paths. In addition a sample/example style test could
> also be created, but it is unlikely it would be runnable in an automated
> fashion.

If you and/or Microsoft could add some sort of periodic regression tests
to the Boost testing matrix based on the work done to allow Boost
libraries to work with Windows Store and Windows Phone I am sure it
would be helpful to all Boost developers, especially to those whose
libraries are used by the Microsoft technologies. I am pretty sure that
one can create a regression test focusing on only a subset of libraries
needing testing in a particular environment ( Windows 8 and 8.1 in your
case with VC++ 11 and 12 I am guessing ).