Subject: Re: [boost] [testing] Proposal - regression tests results display upgrade
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-13 15:51:47

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:42 AM, Adam Wulkiewicz <adam.wulkiewicz_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> Paul A. Bristow wrote:

Yes, I believe so.

> The first change is simple since I'd like to see if I'm doing everything
> right. I changed the way how those specific fails are displayed. If the
> compilation fails and at the end of the compiler output (25 last
> characters) one of the following strings can be found:
> - "File too big"
> - "time limit exceeded"
> the test is considered as "unfinished compilation" and displayed on the
> library results page as a yellow cell with a link named "fail?". So it's
> distinguishable from the normal "fail".
>
> Here is the PR: https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/25

I skimmed it and didn't see any red flags.

> I only tested it locally on a test done by 1 runner for Geometry and Math
> libraries.
> Is there a way I could test it on results sent by all of the runners?
> How is this program executed?

IIRC, Noel Belcourt at sandia runs the tests. Thus he would be a good
person to merge your pull request since he will likely be the first to
notice any problems.

Noel, are you reading this:-?

> Is there some script which e.g. checks some directory and passes all of
> the tests as command arguments?

He would be the best person to answer that.

Thanks for working that this!

--Beman