Subject: [boost] [git] Pushing commit(s) after pulling
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-18 22:53:03

I share a library with others and make some commit to a branch of that
library. Then I try to 'push' the commit, only to be told that there are
changes that have been made which I need to 'pull'. So I 'pull' the
latest changes for that branch, and luckily there is no conflict(s) with
my local commit(s).

What do I do now ?

I can 'push' my changes successfully but then the history of my
particular changes appears to be lost.

Am I supposed to revert my changes to the local repository by doing a
'reset' and then reapply those changes ? That seems onerous.

What is the right way to 'push' my changes and still preserve the
history of each one of them on the remote repository ?