Subject: Re: [boost] [git] Pushing commit(s) after pulling
From: Schrom, Brian T (Brian.Schrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-19 00:09:06

If you can run 'gitk --all', it's very helpful for seeing your commits and branches and gives a reasonable interface for some features like cherry picking or branching on a commit. Gitk runs on Linux/cygwin, not sure about others.

The next time you've made changes, run before you synch, after git fetch, and after git pull paying attention to where the markers are. Then you can decide if you want to rebase or merge by how history looks, it's also pretty easy to try alternates out on scratch branches. This, and git gui, are what got me over the git hurdle and start really enjoying using git. Hope it helps.

PS apologize for the top post.