Subject: Re: [boost] [test] boost.test owner unresponsive to persistent problems for multiple years
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-05 14:07:51

Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> spake the secret code
<loom.20150103T023654-77_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>[...] If you
>had accepted my offer of collaboration a year ago, I think we would be in
>much better shape now.

Had I taken over maintenance of the library at that time, all these
issues that have supposedly been "fixed" for years but never released
would all have been released by now and the documentation would already
be done.

You have said before that you are pressed for time to work on this
library and move things forward in a timely manner. Simple fixes that
take more than 5 years to appear in a release speak volumes to this.

If you don't have time to maintain this library in a realistic manner,
then you should hand it over to someone else. Even with collaboration,
you're saying it will takes weeks and months to get fixes released that
have been prepared over 5 years ago.

That just plain sucks. There's no way to sugar coat it.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>